External noise and cold air can be greatly reduced through the installation of secondary glazing on the inside of a room with sash windows. In some listed buildings, double glazing may be prohibited by building regulations, in which case thermal insulation and reduced noise are difficult to achieve.
Secondary glazing, a slim second window on the inside of the room, can help. We can install bespoke secondary glazing to suit most budgets, and our specialist team can guide you through the journey of selecting the best options for listed properties.
By choosing us for your secondary glazing in London you get the following benefits:
- Lower heating bills: With secondary glazing offering greater energy efficiency, thanks to thermally efficient panes of glass, you can lower your fuel needs and the associated costs quite substantially.
- Slim profile: While double-glazing windows reduce any noise and energy needs most discreetly, secondary glazing is a very slim alternative and almost invisible on the inside of the room until you get up close.
- No planning permission: Most types of secondary glazing allow easy access to your existing vertical sliding sash windows, and conveniently avoid the need for planning permission – no matter the type of glazing you currently have.
We can provide quality design and installation services for secondary glazing in many areas of the capital – including North, South, East, West and Central London. We also offer some of the best styles and glazing options in the UK. Please feel free to get in touch with us today and book your free survey.
Why Choose Us for Your Secondary Glazing?
As experts in installing high-quality sash windows across London, we can cater to your specific needs – something that is particularly important for listed buildings. If you have restrictions from local planning authorities we can almost always provide suitable replacement timber sash windows that can adhere to all regulations.
We have a wide variety of glazing options to choose from, and when you want secondary glazing we can offer the following advantages of our quality products:
- Lower costs: When you are not installing new or replacement windows you can get a great cost-benefit, and secondary glazing delivers many of the benefits of full-glazed windows while keeping your expenses low.
- Minimal disruption: All of our window installation and repair services are carried out with consideration in mind. However, secondary glazing installations are particularly hassle-free as we install them internally.
- Bespoke designs: Our talented team is enthusiastic about creating the best designs for each installation, and we can create a secondary double-glazing system that will sit inside your current windows without affecting the look.
- High performance: We can work with you to find the right glass for your requirements and budget, with options including covering standard with thermally efficient low-E glass (such as Pilkington K) for the best results.
- Environmentally friendly: Your secondary glazing installation comes with the added benefit of our commitment to sustainability. Our glass supplier is Saint-Gobain Glass, which has a great reputation for energy efficiency.
Secondary glazing is a cost-efficient and clever way of improving your quality of life when you have single-glazed windows, which will significantly reduce noise and heat loss. We can even install secondary glazing over double-glazed windows, for even greater noise reduction in particularly busy areas or street-facing windows.
The quality of our services leads to us receiving many enthusiastic reviews on many independent trade sites including Checkatrade and Trust Pilot. We also have memberships with various accrediting industry bodies such as FENSA and The British Safety Council, which demonstrates our position as leaders in the trade.
There is no need to take our word for it, many people come directly to us to share their positive experiences with us during their first-class designs and installations. One particularly happy person has the following to say about working with us.
“I can’t recommend Sash Windows London Ltd enough! The consultation was concise and clear and the install was swift, easy and effortless.” – Marc Benoit.
Book a Free Survey for Secondary Glazing in London
You can benefit from greater energy efficiency and noise reduction at a low cost by installing secondary glazing in your property. We are an industry-leading window design and installation company that is an ideal choice for creating many types of windows, doors and fixtures or fittings on a period property or listed building.We offer some of the best glazing options available in the UK, with sustainable eco-glass for maximum performance and efficiency. All installations come with the best design standards and options to suit most budgets. Our team can start working with you to install perfect secondary glazing solutions today, simply contact us.